Sunday, February 14, 2010

An Almost Miracle!


So I was witness to a fluke in physics, an intervention in the space time order, a crazy unexplainable event... dare I say it... a miracle!

As I was walking to school the other day, with my leather bound Kindle, I was taking it slow as not to slip on the ice underneath a slim veil of white powder snow. Just three hundred meters away from the main school gates I slipped and unexpectedly my new Kindle sling shot out of my grasp and in slow motion I watched it fly through the air as I screamed, "NOOOOO!" 

It smacked down hard on the recently shoveled parking lot area and skidded several meters on frozen blacktop. I skidded up to it, picked it up, brushed it off and began to inspect it for damage fearing the worst. To my great astonishment, not a single scratch on the device, not even on the leather bound book jacket! But the Amazon.com aluminum logo was scratched to hell. Needless to say, it was a miracle! And so impressed was I with the invulnerability of my magic Kindle, that I paused to consider the possibility of divine intervention and I almost began a believer again.

Well, not really anyway. But it was still impressive none-the-less.

Advocatus Atheist

Advocatus Atheist