What if you're wrong? What if God is real? What if there is a Hell?



A Christian asked me today in an email: 

"What if you're wrong. What if there is a God? Aren't you afraid you will go to hell?"

My reply, which has become my standard response to such hypothetical what if questions, was this: 

I don't often speculate what will happen to me after death, mostly because I simply do not care. It doesn't matter to me. What matters to me is now and making the most of my life. Keeping my family safe, happy, and contented. And trying to be a somewhat decent human being, empathizing with others, and by not being a total asshole all of the time. If I accomplish that much, and have lived a good and honorable life, then I really could care less about what happens to me after I die.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conflating Atheism and Agnosticism is a Mistake

Discussing the Historicity of Jesus with a Christian Agnostic