Appendices (Advocatus Atheist Enhanced)



Blogger now offers customizable PAGE tabs so you can link static pages at the top of your blog (just like Word Press).

I have includes some fun and educational appendices to help anyone who wants a concise, clear, and to the point summary of key Biblical issues. The content includes a simplified time-line of the history and events of Biblical canonization, a Graveyard of the Gods which lists the numerous dead, forgotten, or impotent [G]ods which nobody believes in anymore, making us all atheists of a sort. Additionally I have included a short list of Bible contradictions and discrepancies, as well as an about page and contact information.

Please feel free to click on these informative pages at the top of the Advocatus Atheist blog for a more in-depth view of things. I hope this helps clear up matters for people who may not be so historically inclined. Have a good one!

--Advocatus Atheist

Comments

  1. Hey Tristan!

    I checked out your "Graveyard of the Gods" and thought that it would make a great source for cool pet names or unusual names for your children. I'll make a mental note of it to use as a future reference. I probably won't be naming any children at this point in my life, but there is a good chance I'll be naming another dog in the future. As we all know "Dog" is "God" spelled backwards. Pretty darn significant, I think...

    I mean, what would be cooler than some wicked sounding name of some ancient God for a German Shepherd Dog, bearing in mind that Dog is God in reverse? Yeah, that's my breed of choice, something I'm pretty sure you were curious about.

    P3eace

    SteveO

    ReplyDelete
  2. SteveO

    Dogs are man's best friend. Ironically, the same can't be said for God.

    At any rate, I hope you find the list useful!

    Thanks for dropping a few comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the page tabs. Cool idea-- and you put up awesome content. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just composed an illustration of the development of translations that could come in handy if you are reading Bart Ehrman. Thanx for the OT stuff. I may reference this in my next diagram.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sabio-

    Thanks for the link to that diagram you did! It's well done.

    I might use it for a power point presentation, if you don't mind?

    Thanks for your comments!

    I've read most of what Ehrman has written.

    In fact, all the books you see advertised on my page--I've read in full.

    Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Tristan
    Glad you enjoyed. Sure, feel free to use as long as you keep the copyright mark and acknowledge the source.
    -- Sabio

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Conflating Atheism and Agnosticism is a Mistake

Discussing the Historicity of Jesus with a Christian Agnostic