Fool Me Once



Nothing theologically profound. I just wanted to remind everyone that God is still absent and all is well.


Also, which are the darker chess pieces? The top series or the bottom series?


Can you tell? 


Actually...




They're exactly the same shade of gray!
 

It's hard to believe, but it's true.



It's also hard to believe that God exists, at least the God Christians so often talk about as being a real influencing agent on their lives. But sometimes I wonder, if we can be so easily deceived, could it be that, maybe (just maybe) they are under an illusion?


It's sort of sad to think about so many people under a veil of deceit. But then I saw Julia Sweeney's monologue "Letting Go of God" and I instantly cheered up. There is hope! I highly recommend it to my Christan family and friends who are on the fence, so to speak, about all this God business.


Definitely watch it if you get the chance. It's so sincere, and charming, intelligent and funny all at the same time--and she comes off as entirely respectful toward religion. I found her journey toward atheism very similar to my own (as cliche as it must sound). I did thoroughly enjoy the part where she's so saturated with the Bible and is watching from her car as people waft to church in their Sunday best, and she mentions she just wanted to roll down the window and scream out, "Have you actually read the Bible?" 


Indeed, it will make an atheist of you every time (that is, if you understood it). I firmly believe it's only those who don't understand the Bible who can pretend to keep believing in it's "truth." 


At any rate, live well and be wise.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conflating Atheism and Agnosticism is a Mistake

Discussing the Historicity of Jesus with a Christian Agnostic